Monday, June 25, 2007

June 25

So I figured I should clarify a couple things. I realized my initial blog was pretty enthusiastic sounding and didn't have a couple key pieces of information. First, I didn't just go out and run 21 miles out of the blue. I have been running for over 3 years, and of course started out slow and added mileage bit by bit. I've been incorporating long runs into my schedule for at least 2 years (the longest thus far being 18 miles). Usually my long runs are around 15 or 16. I am currently following a 4-month marathon training schedule.

I thought starting a blog would be a good idea...mostly just so I can log my progress. I'm not so good at writing things down, but somehow putting it on the computer is easier.

Today was a slower paced 9 miler. Felt fine. We had a cool morning, partly cloudy. Air almost like fall, despite it being early summer. GA was home to watch the kids...which is like once in a blue moon. Had to take advantage!

Spent the rest of the day w/ the kids and their friends in the yard. Lots of weeds to pull after our week of rain. As anyone who lives here knows, summer starts in Seattle on July 5th. We've even had evenings in the high 40s. But my tomato plants seem okay :) The roses are having a good year, though. And lillies!

Planning on a run wednesday and thursday while the kids are at camp.

No comments: